Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Morning Student Book Review--The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Starting with today's review, some of the Monday Morning Book Reviews will be coming from MHS students.  If you are interested in being a student reviewer, see Ms. McCready in the Library.
 Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Reviewed by Savannagh M. (10th Grader)
Summary:
I think this book was absolutely outstanding! There were so many circumstances and situations that a typical teen could relate too. This book, like some other fiction books, has many details of the life of a typical teenage boy. It's written in diary form, and it has the date so you could follow the details of the story easier. It was so detailed that if you have a really active imagination you can pretty much imagine the story and make it come alive! It includes some romance, what true friendship is all about, and what it means to be behind the scenes and not being the most popular kid in school. When you've finished reading this, you'll definitely know the Perks of Being a Wallflower..... 
Why I picked it up: I saw the preview of the movie and wanted to read the book before I saw the movie.
Why I kept reading:  It was really good from beginning to the end. 
Who would I give it to next: Anyone who would want to read a really fantastic written book that has the situations of a teen.

No comments: