Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Morning Student Book Review--How to be a High School Superstar

Today's review comes from a student using the Student Book Notes Form.
Title/Author:  How to be a High School Superstar by Cal Newport  
Summary: "How to Be a High School Superstar: A Revolutionary Plan to Get into College by Standing Out (Without Burning Out)" by Cal Newport is a revolutionary plan to get into a good or top tier college by unorthodox student methods. Many students believe that to get into schools like Stanford or MIT, straight A's are essential. However, Cal Newport explains the backgrounds of unique students who were accepted and had a sub-par GPA. In this book, you'll learn that school and college applications are more than just grades.
Why I picked it up:  The title caught my interest.
Why I kept reading it:  It was interesting.
Who would I give it to next:  Other students thinking about getting into college.
Reviewed by:  A. Bang



No comments: